Who Am I?
Why did I set up Equipped 4 Change?
I set up Equipped 4 change for two reasons – one to give purpose to my own life, and second to address a deficiency in our corporate and education systems and make work and careers more fulfilling.
For many years, I was dissatisfied with my own career direction. I realised through a process of self-reflection and exploration that my purpose in life is helping others achieve a greater sense of purpose and fulfillment in what they do. I believe the key to doing this is to become more self-aware, both of the world around us and how it is changing. It is also by becoming better equipped to take personal responsibility for our own situations and make positive change.
I believe our national education systems and employers are failing to equip our citizens with the skills and knowledge we need to thrive in a rapidly changing world. Society is dividing into those who are empowered with the skills and knowledge to take advantage of change, and those who are not. Equipped 4 Change is my contribution to addressing that deficiency. I focus on improving what 99% of us need to do every day – work. By helping individuals and organisations find and provide better careers we can increase both wellbeing and productivity in our society.
Resolving this deficit requires action by both individuals, and the private sector. This is one of the reasons why I work with both individuals and organisations. Individuals are increasingly turning to entrepreneurship, uninspired by the lack of flexiblity and fulfillment offered by more traditional forms of employment. Individuals need to take ownership of their own careers. That said, organisations have a societal duty to provide fulfilling work. It is a key way to improve the productivity, performance (and therefore profitability) of businesses when returns from technology and automation are stalling. More important still, a productive, fulfilled workforce is one better equipped to adapt to change.
How can I help you?
If you are an individual:
- I can help you get you unstuck, and taking action to get clarity on your next career step fast.
- I can help you build your self-awareness about how the world of work is changing to enable you to make informed decisions about short-term (and medium term) career decisions.
- I can equip you with skills and knowledge to reduce the risks associated with career change, increase confidence / manage fear and maintain a high level view of future change, so you avoid becoming stuck in the future.
If you are an organisation:
- I can help you analyse your current and future workforce and determine what they want from their careers (now and in the near-future).
- I can help you redesign your employee and career value propositions to meet the current and future needs of your workforce and improve team performance.
- I can provide confidential, value for money in-house coaching services to assist your employees with their career development and planning, differentiate your employee value proposition and reduce unnecessary talent loss.